It's a very simple, intuitive, and powerful application allowing the user to store encrypted passwords, encrypt text messages, as well as local directories and files.
It weights in at 3.71MB and requires only the following permissions:
Storage to modify SD card content
System tools to prevent phone from sleeping
That in itself is very conservative considering most applications rely on many more permissions with Network Communication being the most widely used. On top of that developers provide the application source code, which can be downloaded here.
- Password Manager, Message Encryptor and File Encryptor integrated in the all-in-one solution
- Store and manage all your passwords in one secure place with the Password Vault
- Keep your messages and other texts safe from unintended readers with the Message Encryptor
- Encrypt your private and confidential files or folders with the File Encryptor
- Available encryption algorithms in this version of the SSE: AES(Rijndael) 256bit, RC6 256bit, Serpent 256bit, Blowfish 256bit
- Encryption engine based on the Bouncy Castle Crypto Library
- This software is Open Source
|File Encryptor Screen|
|Password Vault Screen|
|Message Encryptor Screen|
Secret Space Encryptor @ Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paranoiaworks.unicus.android.sse&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5wYXJhbm9pYXdvcmtzLnVuaWN1cy5hbmRyb2lkLnNzZSJd
SSE Source Code: http://www.paranoiaworks.mobi/download/downloads.html
Developers website (mobile version): http://www.paranoiaworks.mobi/sse/
Did you find this article useful and interesting? If so, please consider subscribing to email updates and RSS feed for more articles like this.